1. Describe the components of Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment
2. Describe the role and function of the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and the community support services that these teams access.
3. Use a positive approach to old age and illness in older people
4. Apply a holistic approach to patients and focus on the older personís quality of life and goals/concerns for their future health, social and living circumstances
5. Learn how to assess cognitive and physical function of older people
6. Learn how to review patient medications to ensure optimal treatment and reduced risk of iatrogenesis.
7. Develop knowledge of the individual roles of the multidisciplinary team and to appreciate the importance of the multidisciplinary team in the comprehensive assessment of older people
8. Learn about Community Aged Care Packages (CACP), how they are established and why they are important.