1. Identify and discuss the factors that increase risk of falls, including, social/demographic factors, environmental factors, biological/medical factors and psychological/behavioural factors.
2. Describe and conduct assessment of a patient who has fallen.
3. Discuss the functional and psychological consequences of susceptibility to falls and fracture.
4. Develop a multi-disciplinary, person-focussed management plan, taking into account the patientís wishes and goals for the future.
5. Develop an understanding of the importance of multidisciplinary teamwork, and the roles of individual team members both in the prevention of falls and in the management of falls related injuries.
6. Explain how iatrogenic factors contribute to the burden of falls and fractures.
7. Explain the causes and describe the consequences of polypharmacy in the elderly.